It Goes A Little Something Like This

I'm sitting on the couch, kind of bored, kind of tired, kind of hungry and kind of thinking I wouldn't mind having a chat. So I open the skype app on my phone and see who is online. The name at the top of my list looks good and I figure I haven't said hello in a while, which was rather rude of me. I tap the name, tap on "chat" and write "hey, how are you?"

Big. Freaking. Mistake.

I get sent a link. That's right, there was no greeting or any kind of pleasantry. Just a link.
As we all know I'm curious so I tap on the link. It's a newspaper article of a mother and child being killed in a crash. I couldn't read it. I mean, I'm not sad today or anything like that, but reading that article would have had me in tears and feeling generally awful. Knowing what the article is about was enough to make my gut wrench.
I closed the article and felt a burst of anger. What kind of person sends something so morbid? No explanation, no hello, not a damn word. So I tell him that I really didn't need to see that.
Finally, I get a response "that was my aunty and cousin."

Jaw. Drops. On. Floor.

Shit.

I say the only thing I can say "I'm so sorry for your loss." Hey, don't look at me like that, it's not like I can give him a hug and let him cry on my shoulder! He's nowhere near me.

The conversation basically ends there. Fair enough.

Anyway, I got to thinking about this person and how, forgetting today as there was a real issue, he always makes me feel awful. Every single time I speak with him he asks if we can be together, tells me that he loves me, wants to hug me and do other things which I'm not really keen on doing with someone I've never met and am not likely ever to meet. Then the conversation ends. I shouldn't even really call it a conversation.
I suppose a normal person would be flattered. I'm not normal. I find it rather insulting, to be honest. He doesn't know me, has only ever seen my skype profile picture and doesn't tell me anything about him. Yeah, I'm really flattered. *Insert lashings of sarcasm here*

The other night I tried to actually have something like a conversation with him. I spoke about a movie coming out that I would love to go and see. Yep, that wasn't even worthy of a response from him apparently. Instead, he says "my life is shit." Okay, let's talk about that then, maybe I can help just by listening. Again I was wrong. I asked him why it was shit, to which he doesn't reply. Well, maybe he just doesn't want to talk about it. I'm cool with that, I know what it's like not to want to talk.
Thirty minutes pass before he says anything "I wish you were here".
I got angry at this point. Saying shit like that is not a conversation. It's not something I want to hear and he knows that because I've told him.

I'm not being very concise here, let me just say that every "conversation" with this guy has been exactly the same. He whines about wanting to be with me and then proceeds not to talk with me. Yeah mate, that really makes me want you. Fuck. Off.
I'm always left feeling like my good mood has been leeched from me. Which, coincidentally, it has been.

Well, mate, thanks for everything but I'm going to block you now.
I'm not a damn toy he can play with to amuse himself. If he really wanted me like he said, he would have listened when I said "I'd like to get to know you as friends." Apparently that kind of thing is so ridiculous it doesn't even warrant a response.
Conversations are the most crucial part of getting to know someone, especially for me. If you don't want to talk to me that's fine, but don't expect me to hang around just for your amusement.

0 comments:

Post a Comment